Viewing entries from category: Film Research
Small-Scale Research Project
- Annotated Catalogue: 15 Marks
- Presentation Script: 25 Marks
- Creative Product: 45 Marks
- Reflective Analysis: 15 Marks
FM4 Unit Introduction
The A Level coursework is worth 25% of the whole grade and 50% of the A2 year – it is important that the right time is spent on the project, as there are three exam sections to work towards. Aim to devote 10-12 weeks to FM3 ensuring all work is submitted before Easter to allow time for marking, internal moderation and standardisation and also feedback before...[ read full article ] »
Categories: Courses, A Level, GCSE, KS3, Hot Entries, iTraining, Improve Your Teaching, Key Concepts, Film Language, Production Zone, Moving Image Production, Print Production, Research, Film Research, Scriptwriting, An Introduction to Scriptwriting, Storyboarding, An Introduction to Storyboarding
Here are some apps that are used in and out of the Film Studies classroom. We’ve attempted to find links to the different operating systems to help identify if the version you need exists.
Close Up Film Language Glossary iOS
The Close-Up Film Language Glossary of the well-known German Educational Publishers Schöningh provides clear and concise definitions of essential film language terms used in basic and advanced film courses. Though geared for use in high school (particular sixth forms) and higher education the glossary is...[ read full article ] »
Categories: Analysis, Film Analysis, Screening Notes, Courses, GCSE, Films & Case Studies, Non-Hollywood Films, Shaun of the Dead, Genres & Case Studies, British Film, Comedy, Horror, Independent, Hot Entries, Research, Film Research
Shaun of the Dead Screening and Research Questions.doc
- Who directed, produced and distributed Shaun of the Dead?
- How does the film reflect the pattern of many British Films of recent years?
- Research and detail at least ten films made by the same production company and distributor. Identify their genre
- Why do you think Shaun of the Dead was commercially successful? Research the UK and US box office gross and subsequent DVD/Video sales
- How does the film culturally represent the image of a nation? How does this compare...
Amores Perros Research Questions.doc
- IMDb.com: non-academic generic film site (not just British). Click on ‘Combined Details’ to find institutional information.
- Wiki Amores Perros: Useful institutional context on Amores Perros and links to Mexican Cinema
- Cineycorridos | Intro to Mexican Cinema : Academic analysis of Mexican Cinema – crucial of A2 Film Studies Urban Stories
- Screenonline.org.uk: click on films and either search by Genre, Industry and Audience, Places or Films by Decade (site developed by the BFI – British Film Institute)
- Britmovie.co.uk: accessible site...
Categories: Analysis, Film Analysis, Courses, A Level, Films & Case Studies, American, Hollywood Films, Atonement, Genres & Case Studies, British Film, Costume Drama, Heritage, Period Drama, Romance, War, Hot Entries, Research, Film Research
British and American Film Case Study
Atonement Pupil Research Questions.doc
Use your bibliography of British Film resources to research the following questions:
- Who directed Atonement? What other projects has the director been involved in and what does this say about his reputation and key specialist areas? Who wrote the novel that Atonement is based on, what do you know about him?
- What was the name of the Production Company and Theatrical Distributor? How would you describe the Distribution company? What pattern does...
Film Research Mark Sheet.doc
Research Your Favourite Film Sheet.doc
If you would like more information about FilmEdu, get in touch using the contact details below.
Kind regards, Richard Gent
[telephone] 01604 847689
[fax] 01604 843220