Viewing entries from category: Atonement
Categories: Analysis, Film Analysis, Courses, A Level, Films & Case Studies, American, Hollywood Films, Atonement, Genres & Case Studies, British Film, Costume Drama, Heritage, Period Drama, Romance, War, Hot Entries, Research, Film Research
British and American Film Case Study
Atonement Pupil Research Questions.doc
Use your bibliography of British Film resources to research the following questions:
- Who directed Atonement? What other projects has the director been involved in and what does this say about his reputation and key specialist areas? Who wrote the novel that Atonement is based on, what do you know about him?
- What was the name of the Production Company and Theatrical Distributor? How would you describe the Distribution company? What pattern does...
Categories: Analysis, Film Analysis, Courses, A Level, Films & Case Studies, Hollywood Films, Atonement, Non-Hollywood Films, Genres & Case Studies, British Film, Costume Drama, Heritage, Period Drama, Romance, War, Hot Entries
- Director – Joe Wright (Pride and Prejudice): experience of big budgets, high production values and of the genre Costume Melodrama. Novel written by Ian McKewan (critically successful author)
- Genre Costume Melodrama – critically and commercially successful (‘safe’ genre). Arguably Atonement is a hybrid genre – Romance/War Film (built sets, contextual background). Gosford Park, Room with a View
- Produced and Distributed by Working Title (UK) and Universal Studios (US) – BFI category 3 (UK/US collaboration). Reflects...
If you would like more information about FilmEdu, get in touch using the contact details below.
Kind regards, Richard Gent
[telephone] 01604 847689
[fax] 01604 843220